Friday, April 13, 2012

Everything's coming up roses

My, oh my, how different from last year! Last year I was constantly watering the roses to keep them alive during the heat and drought. This year my roses are just outdoing themselves with blooms. I buy small bud vases by the dozen at Hobby Lobby so that I can share the beauty and fragrance. So far I have given roses to the women in the dental office when I had my teeth cleaned, to my Weight Watchers leader, to the ladies in my Bible study, and sent some to a friend who works with JMM. The DayBreaker roses are my favorites. I just love the way they seem to glow from the center. However, they are very susceptible to fungal infestation in our warm, humid climate. I have a regular rotation of fungicides that I spray on them. You can't use just one fungicide; I have 4 that I rotate and it works very well. I'll see if I can get some pictures and post them later.

No comments: