Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What an idiot!

Over the past 3 months I have had increasing pain in my right shoulder.  At first I thought it was arthritis.   But it didn't seem to be confined to the joint.  As time went on the pain seemed to spread from my shoulder to the muscle in my right upper arm and to my neck. I was taking aspirin or ibuprofen 1 or2 tablets twice a day.  Yesterday I decided that it was time to make an appointment with the doctor because I really hate to take medicine regularly and because I wanted to find out what was causing it.  So I made the appointment for next Monday.  This morning I decided to google "right shoulder pain" and there it was--the cause of all the pain is my computer mouse!  I don't have a computer desk so my arm is at an ergonomically incorrect angle and with all the time I spend at the computer I am injuring my shoulder.   I feel like such an idiot for not thinking of this months ago.   Needless to say, I am making arrangements to get the keyboard and mouse on a lower level and in the meantime using only the iPad.

No comments: