Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two Good Books

I finished Daughter of Fortune by Isabelle Allende and it was fantastic. It is the first book by her that I have read but I can guarantee that it won't be the last. The reader's voice as I listened to it on audio CD added so much to it. Excellent!!

If you have watched the Cadfael series, you are familiar with Ellis Peters monk Brother Cadfael. My husband told me that the books were much better than the television version but I since I loved the television series, I didn't believe him. Well, I was wrong. I have downloaded A Morbid Taste for Bones on my i-Pod and oh my, it is excellent.

I do love good books.

1 comment:

Grace. said...

We're going to have to trade reading lists one day. I read all the Cadfael books before I ever saw the series--they were great. I currently have a copy of "Daughter of Fortune" in my 'to be read' stack. I just finished Stieg Larsson's "Girl who kicked a Hornet's Nest" and finally saw the Swedish movie version of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I liked all of them as well.