Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Decorating

Now that the house is paid off, the decorating that has been on hold can commence. New blinds and draperies are in the works. I'm like the birds that are busily making there spring nests. There are so many things that I want to do. This weekend we are going to Home Depot for ceiling fans for 2 of the bedrooms and look at blinds for the dining and front rooms. Draperies are a little trickier--I even considered making them but am very hesitant knowing how long it takes me to get projects finished. I may end up making them once I see the cost of custom drapes though. There's paint and wallpaper projects for the kitchen and laundry room and I'd like to tile the laundry room--putting utility carpeting in the laundry room was not a good idea. Then there is furniture for the front room and a desk for the guest room. I've been patiently waiting (well maybe not so patient but waiting anyway) and now I am getting to make things pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on paying off your mortgage. Bravo!

Great accomplishment.

Florence said...

Thanks Morrison! Our previous house was paid off but 5 1/2 years ago when we decided to move out of the city and to build on our 4 acres, we had to take out a mortgage. I took out that mortgage kicking and screaming all the way and only did it with the clear understanding to DH that absolutely everything was on hold until that mortgage was paid off. I have felt like I was holding my breath for the last 5 1/2 years!!