Thursday, December 3, 2009

Musings from the Mall

I went to the local shopping mall this morning to check into my Christmas gift for JMM. Since I am so very techno-illiterate, it took me quite some time at the T-Mobile kiosk; I must say the young man helping me was very knowledgeable, very patient, and I think I found a very good product at a very reasonable price.

On my way to the kiosk, I passed through Macy's and did some window shopping along the mall stores and three things were immediately apparent:

1. The stores are well stocked and well staffed. I couldn't slow my scooter down without someone wanting to help me or give me a sample.

2. For a Thursday morning, there were a lot of people in the mall. Lots of moms with baby strollers and older men and women which is not surprising for a weekday morning.

3. Precious little actual buying was going on. For every adult with a bag showing a purchase, there were 20 others without any purchases at all.

As for me, I bought 2 pairs of socks, a container of mulling spices, and a bottle of melatonin from GNC. Total less than $30. And got the information for DH's Christmas present.

1 comment:

Jay Jay said...

Yes the shopping is not as good as the Government is trying to tell us.