Monday, November 9, 2009

Going ahead

We have been totally focused on getting the house paid off for the past several years. During that time I simply put off purchases and repairs as much as possible. I kept a list of things that would be purchased or repaired as soon as the house was paid off. We are down to $16,600 left on the house and aim to have it finished by April 1. The fact though is that I have reached the end of my patience and have started down the list. This month I had the dishwasher replaced; next month, I will have the broken window replaced and the carpets cleaned. In January I will resume my 15% 403b contributions with I had lowered to 3% for this year. I have rearranged the budget so that I will have the cash for each item before the purchase. I think I will be more content if I go ahead with these needed items and stretch out the house for a couple of months longer.

No comments: