Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guilty Pleasure

I really shouldn't like Downton Abbey. It goes completely against so many of my core beliefs. Women who couldn't vote or were limited in what work they could do is just antithetical to my sense of justice. And having nothing to do but dress for interminable dinners would drive me batty. The clothes are gorgeous but I cannot imagine be g laced into a corset every day of my life. 

But I do enjoy it! I like the interaction between upstairs and downstairs. I love the scenes of the lovely English countryside. I love the house and decor and the dresses and the white ties and the spectacular dinner tables. 

Maybe it is the knowledge that I don't have to do the dusting or wear the corsets or think of banal dinner conversation. But whatever it is I'm enjoying Season 3 very much. 

No comments: