Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.  Biographies are usually more interesting to me about the person’s early life and my interest tends to wane as they pass into adulthood.  However, this book was so well written and so interesting all the way through that I couldn’t put it down.  I am so conflicted about Steve Jobs—I want to say what an egomaniac he was and how mean he was and that just because you are a genius, you really aren’t the center of the universe.  But I have a hard time saying those critical things because…I am writing this on my i-pad.  Would anyone else have revolutionized communication the way he did?  I doubt it.  Could he have been other than what and how he was.  No way. He really was special.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on the waiting list with my library for the book.

Trust me....many of the things Steve Jobs did to people were unnecessary. There are many ways to skin a cat. What you reap, you sow.

I miss Steve, despite it all. The world will be a very lonely and empty place without him. Jobs IS Apple Computer, Inc. Without the company will just be that.....another company.

Diane said...

You nailed it in one, Florence. Jobs was no saint, but was a revolutionary.

And, at the end, he died well.

Florence said...

Thanks Diane. I have seldom read a biography that left me feeling so conflicted !!

Anonymous said...

I just received the book as a birthday gift from my daughter. Started it today.

Awesome! and so very sad. The photos of Steve Jobs in a happier time, with his kids and family. Ugh.

Florence said...

Morrison, I couldn't put it down!!