Friday, September 16, 2011

Rod's Back!!

I have loved Rod Dreher and his family ever since I read his book, Crunchy Cons.  (If you haven't read it, you are missing a delightful, thoughtful book.)  Rod had a blog crunchycons.com for a good while, then blogged at belief.net for a bit, and finally blogged briefly at Big Questions Online which abruptly and inexplicably ended about a year ago.  It was like Rod fell off the face of the earth. How could I find out about Julie's garden and chickens? the children's schooling vs. homeschooling? and most of all how was his beloved sister who was stricken with cancer doing?  I was actually hurt that he just dumped the blog so abruptly; all I could think was that his employer must have given him the choice of his blog or his job. Every couple of months I would google Rod Dreher but nothing new ever came up...until today!!  He is now blogging at The American Conservative.  Now the fact that he is at TAC should tell you that we don't always see eye to eye on things political but that's OK because I don't always agree with me either. So the good news is that Rod is back.  But the sad news is that his sister died yesterday and he is with his family planning her funeral.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

No comments: