Wednesday, July 5, 2017

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥


đŸ”¥Resistance.Every.Day.đŸ”¥

Sent an email to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke opposing the removal of the Greater Yellowstone Grizzly Bear from protection

đŸ”¥Resistance.Every. Day.đŸ”¥

Sent emails to Rep. Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz about the increased levels of violence against Americans who are Muslim, Jewish, or Sikh and requesting that they give media attention to their opposition to this.

đŸ”¥Resistance.Every. Day.đŸ”¥

 Sent postcards to Rep. Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz:
      We are concerned about discrimination against Muslims immigrating to the US and the SCOTUS ruling. We are asking you for two things: 
1. To extend the definition of family to include grandparents, fiancĂ©/es, aunts, uncles, nephews, and nieces. 
2. To pass stronger anti-discrimination and sanctuary resolutions so that liberty and welcome may prevail.

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day. đŸ”¥

Sent email to Rep. Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz:
I am very concerned about the Supreme Court's recent decision to use taxpayer funds for church expenses. I do not want our country to abandon its longstanding constitutional protection of separation of church and state. I oppose government funds going to any house of worship. 

Sent postcard to NRA: 
I am very concerned about the Supreme Court's recent decision to use taxpayer funds for church expenses. I do not want our country to abandon its longstanding constitutional protection of separation of church and state. I oppose government funds going to any house of worship. 

Sent Thank You to Senator Mazie Hirono
Thank you for speaking out against the senate healthcare bill. Thank you for using your position for good. Wishing you a thorough recovery. (She has recently had surgery.)

2 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Thank you Florence or all you do. I am so worried about N. Korea and everything else. We didn't do much for the 4th either -- went to our daughter's for a picnic and hung out and it was great catching up but none of us were interested in fireworks or the celebrations around town for the same reasons you mentioned above. In the evening, Grandtr and her husband took the littles to friends who lived where they could watch the fireworks.

Florence said...

Dear Sallie, don't thank me. I do it to keep from pulling my hair out. This is all new to me. I've always voted. But as for calling my elected officials, I've never done any of that. Now I have both Senators and my Rep phone numbers in my Contacts and their webpages as Favorites (for email). My husband bought me a stack of 100 postcards and 500 return address labels. I'm going to my very first political rally tomorrow to support Medicare for All. I'm 69 years old and I've never, ever been so upset, and embarrassed by a president. I may not have agreed with their policies but I have never before dreaded the news telling me the lunacy off the day. Thanks for your comments.