Sunday, July 9, 2017

Around OakMeadows


Today is a cooking day. 

1. Tuna Salad. JMM did all the chopping while I set things up for making #2. Then I put the mayo and sweet pickle relish in, stirred it, up and taste tested it. 

2. Bundt poundcake. This is actually dessert for tomorrow when DD is coming to visit. I bought some strawberries which JMM will chop up tomorrow and whipped cream for strawberry shortcake. 

3. Spaghetti and Meatballs. All the prep is done. 

Aren't the crepe myrtles gorgeous!! The blooms are covered in bees too! I think this is the most blooms that we have ever had on them. 

I finished Lab Girl by Hope Jahren. 
What an excellent book! She has the double gift of an inquiring mind and the ability to communicate. I like loved the parts about her life and her struggles with life and mental illness and academia.  I loved her thoughts about plants and people and life on earth. 

I'm glad that she has a family and a dog and Bill and tenure. And I will plant a tree this year. 

All cats, dog, and people are very thankful for our air conditioner these days. 


3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your crepe myrtle is gorgeous. Your meals and the cake sounds yummy to me. Thanks for the book review, I will check it out. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Bill is cooking more nowadays, but we haven't got to the point of working in the kitchen together ... possibly because have small kitchens or possibly because we are not as compatible as we should be after 60 years ;>)....

Hattie said...

I love crepe myrtle. My cousin has a lovely one in bloom now. Should go take a photo, I guess.