Friday, July 21, 2017

Around OakMeadows and


Around OakMeadows 

It is peach and melon season! Nothing better than biting into a juicy fragrant peach or a slice of icy cold watermelon. I love peach pie or peach jam but the fresh fruit is best of all!!

I am bereft. My darling swallows have left for their Central American home.  We watched them raise 20+ babies this year. If you have never watched baby birds gather up their courage and learn to fly, you have really missed a treat. While it will be nice to be able to clean off my porch, I will miss their chatter and their graceful flight until next spring. 

I learned this week that a dear friend from high school days has been diagnosed with mesothelioma.  I don't know what stage it is but in general, mesothelioma has a very bad prognosis. He and his wife have been married almost as long as JMM and I. Such a difficult road. 

That's about all the news from OakMeadows.  I'm still upset about the idiotic border wall but I understand that their is a legal process underway to stop it. As John Muir said, You shouldn't have to fight your government to protect the land. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the melons and peaches too. YUM! Pretty scene and photo. I think our federal lands belong to all of us and should not be used than for anything other than what they were out aside for. Great quote. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am so sorry about your friend (and i forgot to say so on your later post, when what you expected to happen did -- but that does not make it any easier.) That is a horrible disease (not that there are any nice ones, but all i have heard says it is one of the hardest).