Saturday, March 2, 2013

Laundry Room Spruce Up

Laundry Room Spruce Up

For some unknown reason, when we built this house I decided to put indoor-outdoor carpet in the laundry room. For the life of me I can't understand (or remember) why I did this. We had beautiful ceramic tile in the kitchen which opens to the laundry room. Needless to say, it has annoyed me for the entire 9 years we have lived here. 
In making my Goals for 2013,  I determined that this will be the year that the ugly brown carpet goes!! It would have been perfect if I could have found the same tile that is in the kitchen but it was made in Spain and is no longer available. Bummer. But I did find some tile at Lowe's which will look like it is just a smaller, lighter version of the tile in the kitchen. (I hope.). The tile will be installed Monday. 
So I decided that since the washer and drier had to be taken out anyway, I would use the opportunity to paint the room. It is very nice to paint without worrying about drips and splatters since the carpet is coming out Monday. 
I didn't realize that the walls in there were so grungy until I got started painting.  Nice, fresh paint job makes it look so much better!!
After the tile is installed, I still have to measure and order new blinds for the window. And I am thinking of a decal for the blank wall facing the washer/drier, 

I am not sure about the decal because the wall is slightly textured and I don't know if it would adhere. Maybe just a nice framed print. 

Anyway, it will be a much nicer, brighter room. 

No comments: