Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bible Reading

When I was growing up my church encouraged reading through the Bible in a year. This can be done by reading 3 chapters each day and 7 chapters on Sundays. I have done this several times (although it generally took me longer than a year). But I found that I was reading just to get my chapters for the day done. I wanted to focus more on content by reading just one chapter per day; the problem with that was that I didn't want to leave the New Testament for as long as it would take me to read through the Old Testament one chapter a day. So my solution was a 3 day alternating cycle. Day #1 Old Testament. Day #2 Psalms / Proverbs /Prophets. Day #3 New Testament. I usually pick out one verse from the day's chapter for my thought for the day. I have been using this system for several years and it seems to suit me quite well.
Today's chapter was Isaiah 3.
Tomorrow's chapter will be Revelation 18.
Friday's chapter will be Joshua 20.

No comments: