Monday, May 1, 2017

Around OakMeadows

My best friend Kathleen and me, about 1957. 


It just makes me smile: Diane Rehm is getting married. I loved her morning program on NPR.  Her husband of 50+ years died about 2 years ago of Parkinson's Disease. She is 80 and her fiancé is 77. Congratulations and much happiness to them.  

Speaking of NPR. I hate the twice yearly pledge drives. Our local NPR station makes it doubly irritating by having each pledge drive last for 9 days. Of course I understand that they need to raise money but really 18 days a year is just over the top. Well, I finally figured out a satisfactory work-around. I listen on my phone via the internet to WAMU in Washington or WBUR in Boston. I could listen to NPR One (kind of like Pandora for NPR junkies). Oh, and yes I do give to my local station!

We went to the McGovern Centennial Gardens at Hermann Park and the Cockrell Butterfly Center this morning. The weather was perfect and we thoroughly enjoyed both. As usual, Blogger won't let me post photos but as soon as I can, I will get some photos up. It was glorious. 

I joined our local Indivisible group. I don't know what I can do above my ongoing emails and phone calls. We will see. 

And that's all the news from OakMeadows where the cats are are still shedding and Roomba has to be emptied every other day. 

No comments: