Thursday, December 27, 2018

Around OakMeadows

A quilt I made several years ago. 

Wow! A line of thunderstorms moved through over night and there was a lot of thunder and lightning and strong winds. Fortunately, we didn’t have any damage. 

Speaking of damage, JMM has the roofing company that we used after Hurricane Ike coming back to look at the roof near the corner of the front porch. They did such excellent work for us before. I just hope they don’t tell us we need a whole new roof. Yikes!!

Adrian and the cleaning crew came this morning and we certainly needed it. What a blessing they have been to me through all the 15 years they have been cleaning for me. I love them like family.  

(Later) The roof does not need replacing. However, it is going to cost $3,000 to repair. With repairs, we should be able to get another 5+ years before replacement. Yay!

2 comments:

RI1 said...

That's great about your roof! You're so fortunate to have a cleaning service! Envy from my side....lol.....
Happy New Year.
Best regards, Cindi

Florence said...

The roof was good news but I’ve also had to replace my garbage disposal ($300) and replace a window $400). They say troubles come in 3’s ..So that’s it. I’ve had my 3 now I hope nothing else breaks!!