Friday, December 14, 2018

Around OakMeadows

                                 The kittens are exhausted from creating so much mayhem. 

This morning I took my quilt top, backing, and binding to the quilt shop for machine quilting. I’ve already started on the next one which will be a very simple block quilt. 

I finished my antibiotics for the UTI. Hope never to go through that again. 

The kittens are darling and have been of some help in getting over the loss of my darling Duffy. I think what threw me was how totally unexpected his death was.  2018 was a dreadful year for the cats in my family.  First, we had to put Misty (age 13) down, then we had to put Bandit (age 15) down, and finally Duffy died so unexpectedly of an acute asthma attack. So now we have 3 cats Henry, Buster, and Iris and our dog, Angie. 

Reading: The Defining Moment: FDR’s Hundred Days by Jonathan Alter. It is excellent!! 

Tomorrow we are going to the New York Metropolitan Opera production of La Triviata which is being live streamed to our local AMC theatre. We saw Carmen last year this way and it is like having the best seats in the house. And during intermission, they show what is going on backstage. Amazing. 


2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cute kitty photo. I am glad the new kitties are helping you get over your loss. Loosing our furbabies is painful. Enjoy the opera. Have a great day and weekend.

Wisewebwoman said...

The kittens are so cute.

Enjoy the opera.

XO
WWW