Monday, May 14, 2018

Becoming Odyssa by Jennifer Pharr Davis

Becoming Odyssa by Jennifer Pharr Davis 

I thoroughly enjoyed following Odyssa (Jen’s trail name) as she thru hiked the Appalachian Trail solo. She started in Georgia and ended in at Mt. Katahdin, Maine. She made friends, enjoyed hiking alone, learned how to take care of her body so that she could continue the journey. I will tell you one thing, I could never ever have dealt with the weather, cold rain, snow, thunderstorms or the physical challenges of climbing, dealing with clouds of biting insects, or running out of food or water on the trail. In spite of and sometimes because of the challenges, Odyssa found peace and joy and grew mentally, physically, and spiritually as she completed the 2100 mile trail. A really good read. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, she must have been one tough woman. I could never do it, especially alone.

Have a happy day!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The idea of doing that much alone just awes me .... let alone the mosquito bites, cold, etc etc. It sounds like a great book though. I would love to hike a tiny part of that trail someday. With somebody. I know I'd enjoy the book and have put it on my list.