Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Around OakMeadows

30 Blocks cut out for my Dutch Churn and Dash quilt. 

I did not sleep well last night.  Cats kept waking me up and then I couldn’t go back to sleep. Anyway, thank goodness for podcasts and books on Hoopla so that I have something to listen to during the sleepless time. I did take a nap this afternoon and that really helped. 

I started piecing the first two blocks of my Dutch Churn and Dash quilt. More accurately, I figured out the procedure for the piecing and marked the first two blocks. Doesn’t look too difficult. (Famous last words.)

I am reading Eisenhower: Soldier and President by Stephen Ambrose.  Although Harry Truman was President until I was 5 years old, Eisenhower is the first President that I remember. And I remember feeling so secure in my childhood that I think of him with great admiration and respect.  I must admit being disappointed in two areas: his refusal to disavow McCarthy and his lack of interest in Civil Rights. I suppose he was a person of his time and that must be taken into consideration. 

It has been unusually warm the past few days. I have the bedroom windows open and am listening to frogs singing.  It has been very overcast and tomorrow there is a good chance of rain.  Fortunately, we don’t have to go anywhere.  


My new electric blanket was delivered today and it is even better than the old one. It is lighter and softer.  I have it on the bed though I won’t need it tonight.  

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the pretty colors, the blues and yellows are lovely together. I wish it was warmer here, I love hearing the frogs in the evening. Have a happy day!