Saturday, February 17, 2018

Around OakMeadows

Duffy prepares to help me piece my quilt blocks. 

Around OakMeadows 

Good news: JMM did the income tax and we are getting a refund.  Our income tax is incredibly simple to do these days: 2 Social Security statements, 2 Fidelity 1099Rs, and one Primeway 1099I. Download TurboTax and plug in the numbers, file electronically. And we get a nice refund. Yea!

I am perking right along on my Dutch Churn and Dash quilt top. I think it will look very nice. Probably going to send it to my niece, Brenda. 

Lots of good reading: Finished Eisenhower: Soldier and President by Stephen Ambrose. It was just excellent. I especially enjoyed and learned so much about his Presidency, some good, some not so good things.  Now I am reading Madison Park by Eric Motley.  It is a memoir of his growing up in Madison Park, Alabama which was and still is an all black community founded just after the civil war by freed slaves.  Excellent.  And finally, I am reading my every other year Danielle Steele novel where the distressed damsel finds her way through difficult times. Reading D.S. is like eating chocolate covered cherries— good in moderation.  

It is unseasonably warm here.  In fact, I have the air-conditioning on. Last night, I didn’t sleep well because of the warm, humid air even with the fan on, it was just too muggy to sleep.  



3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

That is great news about the refund. We are having crazy weather, snow one day and temps in the 70's . Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh...that Madison Park sounds excellent!! I'll have to find that one.

Love the kitty! And IRS...nasty job imo

Birgitta said...

Lovely cat and I love cats :)