Saturday, August 26, 2017

Bye, bye Harvey

We live up the Texas coast about 175 miles north of Corpus Christi so we were spared the strong winds.  We got about 8 inches of rain in the first 24 hours.  It is still unknown what path the remains of Harvey will take and more rain is likely. The creeks and the Brazos River are way up but as far as I know, none are at flood stage. (That may change as more rain falls.) We lost power very early (8pm). It was restored at 4pm. Since we didn't open the refrigerator or freezer doors at all, I don't think we lost any food but I will check tomorrow. I hope we are finished with hurricanes for this year but you never know.

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am glad to hear you are safe and sound. Hurricane Harvey looked very bad on the news.
Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Glad you are safe and thanks for letting us know. I hope no more this season... even if we're way up here in Oregon, our little canal cottage is in Florida.