Friday, March 3, 2017

March Poetry-- Dear March-Come In by Emily Dickinson

Dear March by Emily Dickinson

Dear March- Come in-
How glad I am-
I hoped for you before-
Put down your hat-
You must have walked-
How out of Breath you are-
Dear March, How are you, and the rest-
Did you leave Nature well?
Oh March, come right upstairs with me-
I have so much to tell-

I got your letter, and the birds-
The maples never knew that you were coming-
I declare- how Red their Faces grew-
But March, forgive me-
And all those Hills you left for me to Hue-
There was no Purple suitable-
You took it all with you-

Who knocks? That April-
Lock the door-
I will not be pursued-
He stayed away a year to call-
When I am occupied-
But trifles look so trivial-
As soon as you have come-

That Blame is just as dear as Praise-
And Praise as mere as Blame. 

No comments: