Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February Around OakMeadows

Our Friday birding trip to Galveston didn't go as planned. We took a round about route and stopped at McDonalds for a quick breakfast on the way. I had a sausage and egg biscuit. Well, it didn't agree with me at all and by the time we got to Galveston, I was miserably sick. So we turned around and came back home. Spent the rest of the day either in the bathroom or in bed. Fortunately, by Saturday morning, I was fine. 

The house painters came Monday to paint the interior of the house. This is the same crew that painted the exterior in 2014. They did such a good job on the outside for a reasonable price that there was no question who to call for the interior.  They speak a very little English and I speak a very little Spanish so we manage to communicate pretty well.  The 4 cats are not amused.

I am so pleased with my new quilt. I have it all cut out and have already started the  piecing. 

We seem to be having a season of winter - spring - winter - spring. This week is warm and I noticed that my lemon tree has several blooms on it. I cut them and brought them inside to enjoy that heavenly scent (as opposed to the smell of paint.). It is supposed to be cold again later this week.  

Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts continues to entertain and enlighten us as we are reading through it each evening. I'm also reading an excellent biography of James Madison by Ralph Ketcham.  My interest in colonial life and the American Revolution continues.  

That's all the news from the cat concierge. 








1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

Food Poisoning? What a shame!!!

I can't wait to see your quilt pieces.