Saturday, January 9, 2016

January Poetry


The Lord is my shepherd 

The Lord is my shepherd; 
I shall not want. 
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
 he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: 
for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. 

The King James Bible, 1611 
Psalm 23

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

I just had a memory of my grandmothers funeral... That was the last prayer said