Monday, January 26, 2015

Around Oak Meadows


My 2004 Honda Odyssey has 175,000 miles on it.  It has been a terrific vehicle, reliable, dependable, and has transported me and my scooter for 11 years. It is like a comfortable friend. One reason it has been such a good vehicle is that I have religiously maintained it.  Tuesday I took it in for maintenance.  While $578 is a lot of money, it is worth it to keep it going for one last year.  If all goes as planned (which we all know that it seldom does), I plan to trade it in the first of next year. I will have to get a new lift for my scooter and have it installed.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned that I have a cleaning service come once a month. When I was working, I had them every other week. They have been helping me for 12 years and I am so thankful for them.  There are 4 of them, two women and two men and it takes them about 2 hours to give my house a good cleaning. I love that the two guys are able to move my refrigerator or washer and drier out and clean behind them.  It is funny that on mornings when they are coming, JMM and I get up early so we can get everything picked up before the housecleaners come. I get the beds stripped so they can make up the beds with clean sheets; JMM moves the cat's litter box out of the bathtub; I get all the dishes in the dishwasher and all the stuff off the counters. Cleaning before the cleaners come!


We are dog-sitting for 2 weeks while daughter and son-in-law are in France.  Their ancient cocker-spaniel is deaf and arthritic but she still loves to eat, especially people food.  DD has always kept her on a strict diet to keep her weight down. I have good intentions but usually end up sharing my scrambled eggs with her or putting gravy on her chow. It makes her happy and that makes me happy.

We had a few days respite from the cold, dreary, rainy weather.  And I certainly enjoyed those warm, sunny days.  But we are back to the cold, gray, rain today. OTOH, days like this are perfect for naps with cats or reading a good book with a quilt on my lap and a mug of hot tea.

1 comment:

Carver said...

That's a beautiful oak tree.