Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Around OakMeadows



Well, there is good news and not so good news.  Let's do the not so good first and get it out of the way.  My CMT has progressed to where I am pretty much dependent on JMM to drive wherever I need to go.  The problem is that my legs are not strong enough to support me so that I can get to the back of the van, open the van's back door, and pull to swing the scooter out of the van. For an independent soul like me, this is rather dispiriting. OTOH, JMM is not perturbed by my needing a driver so I suppose, if it doesn't bother him, it shouldn't bother me....but it does.

Now for the rest of the goings on around here. 

The kittens are so cute.  Duffy is much too grown up to want to be held and cuddled but Henry is still sweet, crazy Henry.  I cannot get over how Henry's coat has changed from the dry, scraggly mess to the sleek black beauty he is now.  Duffy eats mostly IAM's Kitten Chow but Henry loves his Fancy Feast.

Quilting is proceeding at a glacial speed.  This week I am making the lattice to hold the blocks together. Next week I hope to put it all together.

Cooking this week: Shrimp Jambalaya, Meatloaf, and a Slow Cooker Chicken, Sausage, & White Beans. JMM is helping with the cooking by doing all the chopping and standing to stir things. Between the two of us we eat rather well...and probably a little too much.

I finished a good whodunit--Death in La Fenice by Donna Leon. It is the first in a series set in Venice and starring Commissario Brunetti.  I've just started Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters--so far so good.  I am plowing through a biography of Calvin Coolidge; he is rather more interesting than I had thought--talk about climbing out of poverty!

We have had quite a bit of rain recently and with the rain, came the mushrooms. I have not attempted to identify them but there is just something magical about mushrooms!








 
 
That is about all from OakMeadows for now.  It has been a good week.

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

I understand how you feel. My husband doesn't mind helping me , but I mind. Any loss takes time to adjust to.... But I don't want to be any more dependent than I am...