Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When the House Is Paid Off List

For the past 5 years we have been paying extra principal on the house and putting off everything that we could toward becoming mortgage free. When I would want to buy something, I would add it to my WTHIPO list. The final payment on the house will be February 1, 2010 and I will now be able to gradually work my way down the list. Here is the list ( not in any order of priority.)

1. Replace dishwasher
2. Replace cracked window
3. Window blinds & valances
4. Living room furniture
5. Tile in laundry room
6. Ceiling fans in bedrooms
7. Electric logs in fireplace
8. Repair wedding ring
9. Repair grandfather clock
10. Yard scooter
11. Refinish sewing machine cabinet
12. Linens--sheets, towels
13. Carpets cleaned

Since I have some savings goals for 2010, I expect it will take about a year to work my way through the list (unless Murphy makes one of his appearances...).

1 comment:

Grace. said...

Way to go! I'm only 4.5 years behind you!