Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Goal 2009 (+27days) Update #23 (Final)

Free at last! Praise God, I'm free at last! I got a cashier's check from the bank for the payoff amount and sent it overnight by FedEx to the mortgage company. It is finished and I will never again have a house payment hanging over me. My main feeling is one of relief. I generally anticipate that things will take longer and cost more than originally planned but sheesh I never thought I'd be paying on a frigging house until I was 62. Oh well, hindsight is always 20-20. At least I won't be paying on a house when I'm 63. Hallelujah, I'm debt free!! I wonder if I can get through to Dave Ramsey???

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Whoo-hoo!!! What an amazing milestone! Congratulation!

Carol said...

Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling, and you'll enjoy it for many months and years to come. So is finally getting to all the things on the WTHIPO list, especially if your list includes replacing older appliances. My new furnace just saved me 30% on my December heating bill - wowzer!

Florence said...

Carol, that is a great saving on your heating bill!! Our big bill is the a/c in the summer; you can bet that when the current unit dies we will get the most energy efficient unit we can. Thanks for stopping by.