Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Lead Pencil Society

I'm on one of my periodic news fasts. I suppose the world is getting on without my being informed. It's nice listening to pleasant music instead of chatter. Yesterday I had to do quite a bit of driving to do some errands--music or silence, no NPR. It is amazing how much more peaceful things are with quiet music or silence at home. No television, no radio. I'm thinking of renewing my newspaper subscription and getting my news from print only--haven't decided yet.
(BTW, I want an old-fashioned telephone--one that plugs into the wall and has a cord to the receiver, no answering machine--if I'm home, I'll answer, if I'm not, they can call back. I'd really like one with a rotary dial but I suppose they are antiques now.) JMM says that I should be a charter member of The Lead Pencil Society but that's not completely true--I like having the information from the internet available but I do find that the internet can eat up way too much time.

No comments: