Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gratitude

Everyday in my journal, I list one thing for which I am grateful. Sometimes it is something big--like a good husband who has loved me for 40+ years--and other times, it is for something quite small--like hearing an uplifting song. Gratitude keeps me grounded and stops me from feeling sorry for myself.

Today I am thankful for my special country. The Osgood Files comes on the radio during my drive to work and is often very thoughtful.

http://www.westwoodone.com/pg/jsp/osgood/transcript.jsp?pid=27870

Despite the hate and fear mongoring of talk radio, people from other lands know just how special a country America is. They vote with their feet and once they get here find it a place of improvement and opportunity.

Thought for the day:


Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as every you can. John Wesley

No comments: