Sunday, March 24, 2024

Things I Like

 

Sunrise this morning

Things I like


Susan Branch admonishes us to find as many things to love as possible. She’s absolutely right. 

Books
   Way, way too many to list

Kittens/Cats

Puppies/Dogs

Food
   Cookies right out of the oven
   The bread and salad at The Olive Garden 
   My son-in-law’s burgers

Movies
   Miss Potter
   The Harry Potter series
   The Godfather series (Totally out of character for me, but true.)

My home
   Folding warm clothes right out of the drier
   Organizing a drawer or shelf 
   A clean kitchen

My family

Places
   Anywhere in Italy
   Anywhere in the UK
   Anywhere along the California, Oregon, Washington Coast

Sounds
   Classical music
    Bees on flowers
   Waves on the seashore
   Morning birdsong

Art
   Impressionists-Monet and Van Gogh
   Vermeer 

Botanical Gardens 
Birding especially in the Rio Grande Valley or the Texas Gulf Coast
Quilting

Smells
   Almost anything in the oven
   Roses
   Fresh Linens
   Fresh sea air



1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a lovely meditative post Florence. Much of your list would appear on mine (and does in my mind -- I am too lazy to ... I was going to say commit it to paper, but you know what I mean. .... In addition, I LIKE seeing your post! Happy Easter And Spring!!! And by the way, are you somewhere you'll be able to experience the eclipse next month?)