Thursday, March 7, 2024



I’m a bit late in posting my reading for February but better late than never. 

   Ebola: The Natural and Human History of a Deadly Virus by David Quammen ⭐️⭐️⭐️ It is a bit dated and doesn’t go much into the clinical aspects but was very interesting in the hunt for the reservoir of the virus. It was heartbreaking in the parts about the deaths of the great apes from the virus. 

   Honest Aging by Rosanne Leipzig ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Excellent lists of resources. Much of the book I was already familiar with (eat right, exercise, get enough sleep) but learned several helpful things (kidneys don’t concentrate urine as well, need to consume more protein as we age).

   Graceland, at Last by Ruth Renkl. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️How I enjoy her essays on life in the U.S. South in the NTTimes! Having a whole collection of them to read at my leisure was a real treat. The book came out a couple of years ago and she now has another book of essays out that I am looking forward to reading. 


 

1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I read and loved Late Migrations when it came out, but missed learning about Ruth Renkl's newer books. Thank you.... So glad I came to see how you were doing!