Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Around OakMeadows

Tigger inspects the paper whites.

 Around OakMeadows 


This morning I went to Dr. Basu for a blood pressure check since it had been a month on the new dose. All is going very well. I had printed out my daily BP readings for the month so that she could see that I am staying in the 130s for my systolic pressure. So I don’t need to go back until March. Yea!! She did suggest some compression socks for my swollen ankles. So tomorrow I’ll check on Amazon. 

The remodel/redo is on hold until Statewide can find a tile installer. I don’t know how they stay in business. In the meantime, I have a working shower and the money stays in the bank earning interest for me. Joe plans to write a letter to the CEO of the company after the first of the year and see if that lights a fire under someone. We shall see. 

My paper whites are beginning to emerge. I haven’t forced paper white blooms in years. I have ordered 3 blue hyacinths to force but they won’t be here until after Christmas. I wonder if I can plant the bulbs in the garden after they have bloomed?? It seems a shame to throw them away. 

The Housecleaners came yesterday so my house is nice and clean with absolutely no effort on my part. I love my HouseCleaners; they have been cleaning my house every month for almost 20 years. Adrian’s mother speaks very little English so I practice my Spanish with her. We get along quite well as long as 1. she speaks very s l o w l y  and 2. I have access to Google Translate. 





2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad all is well. Remodeling can be so stressful, it is hard to find good companies that do good work. There are times I wish I had house cleaners. Take care, enjoy your day!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Merry Christmas Florence! Congrats on the BP and thanks for the reminder that I need to check mine more often. I wanted to let you know that I think of you often these days as I printed out the Mary Oliver poem you posted a while ago ("I Worry") and have it on my refrigerator -- they are just the perfect words for me right now and I swear I sleep better by thinking of theml!