Thursday, December 2, 2021

Around OakMeadows

 

Around OakMeadows 


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and this year was especially nice. JMM bought a pecan pie and we made the cornbread and sausage dressing. Daughter made the most delicious sweet potatoes and bought the sides. Son-in-law roasted the Turkey to perfection. We brought our dog, Angie, to play with their dog, Lucy. And a pleasant visit before a carbohydrate induced coma.

The Never-ending Bathroom Remodel project will be entering its 8th month.  After much texting and phone calling Oscar, the Project (Mis)manager, we actually have the correct tile. The redo start date was pushed forward to Monday, December 6. If I hadn’t had 8 months of experience with this company, I might have some degree of hope that they will actually show up on Monday and actually do the redo…..We shall see…

I’ve spent some time on my meal planning for 2022. Mostly I will do Seafood on Mondays, Chicken on Tuesdays, Beef or Pork on Wednesdays, Leftovers on Thursdays, and Out on Fridays. Leftovers, Schwan’s, and Meal Simples will fill in the blanks.  

We are still having many butterflies in the garden. Lots of Gulf Fritillaries, quite a few Monarchs and Longtailed Skippers, and today I saw a beautiful White-checkered Skipper. It’s been so pleasant that I spent the morning reading out under the oak trees. My favorite time of the year, not too hot, not too cold, just right. 

That’s about all the news from OakMeadows. Next time I’ll post my Plans for 2022.


2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious! I am lucky to plan meals one week in advance.
Take care, have a great weekend!

Florence said...

Eileen, I don’t always stick to the monthly plan but it saves me from every day thinking of what to cook for dinner. Maybe if I were a creative cook, it wouldn’t be needed.