Tuesday, September 11, 2018

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥


đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥

Called Senators Cornyn and Cruz:
I’m calling from to oppose Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination. I value equal opportunity for disabled people. Kavanaugh could undermine the federal regulations and programs, including health-care, that have advanced prospects and access for our neighbors with disabilities. America needs a fair and moderate Supreme Court judge who truly supports “equal justice under the law.” I urge you to vote against his confirmation.

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥

Postcard to Rep. Pete Olson:
I support reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act before Sept. 30. Since its passage in 1994, this law has increased accountability for perpetrators and received bipartisan support for three previous renewals. I want you to co-sponsor and vote for passage of H.R. 6545.Thank you. 

đŸ”¥Resistance. Every. Day.đŸ”¥

Sent emails to Rep. Pete Olson and Senators Cornyn and Cruz:
I am concerned about the Farm Bill. The Senate version strengthened SNAP to provide critical nutrition to elders, people with disabilities, and low-income families. When it comes out of conference committee, I’m asking that youonly support a bill that maintains the Senate provisions without work requirements. I want my tax dollar to help feed hungry families.

Sent Thank You notes to Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) and Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM:
Thank you for continuing to demand this administration comply with a court order to reunify more than 500 children and their parents. We haven’t forgotten separated families. Thank you for ensuring this administration doesn’t either.
Addresses:
SH: 6500 Cherrywood Lane, Suite 310, Greenbelt, MD 20770
MLG: 400 Gold Avenue SW, Suite 680, Albuquerque, NM 87102

1 comment:

eileeninmd said...

Thanks for being part of the Resistance!

I hope you are having a great day!