Sunday, September 23, 2018

Around OakMeadows




Yesterday we met DD and DSIL at Brenner’s for dinner. The food was wonderful and it is always such a pleasure to be with them.  

I more or less took today off. I stayed in pajamas and took both a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I read quite a bit in FDR by Jean Edward Smith. Today I read right up to the edges of Hitler and WW II. 

It is blessedly cooler and the hordes of mosquitoes are gone. I was actually able to read for a bit under the trees. 


I am very unhappy that we have had almost no butterflies in our butterfly garden this year. I have no idea why the numbers have plummeted.  

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Pretty flowers and photos. We have been having cloudy and rainy weather, I feel like just staying in my PJ's too. Enjoy your day and new week!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Good news when your weather moderates and the skeeters are gone!

Hootin Anni said...

Great sounding book. When we've had such rainy days I often stay in jammies too!