Saturday, January 27, 2018

Around OakMeadows

Bandit, King of the Kitchen

Around OakMeadows 

My electric mobility scooter (Rocinante) died. RIP dear Roci.  She was making squealing, grinding noises so we called the scooter doctor who gave us an estimate of what it would cost to have her repaired. Of course, it would cost more to fix her (replace her motor) than it would cost to buy a new scooter. So I bought a new scooter. It is nice but it just isn’t the same. Rocinante was big and comfortable and had a big basket and was high enough off the ground that I could easily go out under the oak trees to feed and water the birds. She had 4 wheels and was steady as a rock. I have forbidden JMM to discard her as a might have her repaired just because. 

I hope I am not jinxing this but so far we have escaped the flu.  So many people are down with it. Kids, parents, teens, and elders all miserably sick. Tamiflu is supposed to help if you start it with 48 hours of getting sick but I tend to be in denial for the first 48 hours when I get sick and then you have to deal with making an appointment to see the doctor, getting to the office and then the pharmacy, getting back home all the while spreading the virus everywhere. Anyway, so far, so good. 

I have begun cutting out my Dutch Churn and Dash quilt. It will be a twin size quilt — 30 blocks. I have 14 blocks cut out so far. It is blues and yellows. 

We went to see The Post. It was excellent!! Meryl Streep doesn’t just act, it is more like her body is inhabited by the character that she is playing.  

Hope everyone stays warm and well. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Sorry about your scooter dying. Maybe you can find someone to repair the old scooter.
I have heard the flu is awful and many friends have been sick. Knock on wood , hubby and I have escaped the flu too. The Post movie does sound good, I am glad you liked it.
Enjoy your day and weekend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I hope you grow to love your new scooter as much as you did Rocinante! (And I hope the new one performs as well and as faithfully ... I love that you named it that!!!)

We have flu and terrible colds going around here at the resort too -- and so far, knocking on wood, we too have escaped (and hoping, as you do, that I'm not jinxing things by saying so). I read that this year even if you had the vaccine you might still get sick, but probably not AS sick.

Knowing your background, I'm sure you understand why this year the vaccine didn't work like it is supposed to do. I do not.