Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Coyote on the Back Porch

Last night at 9pm I was getting ready to go to bed and I wanted to see if I could get Bandit (my 11 year old tuxedo cat) to come inside. So I turned on the back porch light and opened the back door. And there on the porch was an adult coyote looking at me with sad, tired eyes.  He made no move toward me but I quickly shut the door.  I left the light on and called Joseph.  I told him that there was a strange dog on the porch because I just couldn't believe that it was a coyote.  Joe was like me and at first couldn't believe what he was seeing. About that time Bandit came around the corner and Joe almost had heart failure thinking that he was going to see Bandit torn to bits. But again the coyote made no movement toward Bandit or Joe. It was evident that the animal was very sick. Joe called animal control but to no avail because in the meantime the coyote had moved off the porch and we couldn't tell them exactly where he was.  This morning we found the poor thing dead by the bottlebrush bush by the garage.  Why he came to our porch to die is a mystery to me. 

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

Oh..I am so glad the cat is ok..I wonder if the coyote was poisoned by something.. Poor thing...Michelle