Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Around OakMeadows


The picture is of me driving the golf cart, which I refer to as my LadyBuggy, around our 4 acres with my faithful sidekick, Bandit, riding shotgun on top.

This has been a week of finally getting some things taken care of.  Like getting our passport photos made and the paperwork sent in for passport renewal. That has to be taken care of for our Alaska Cruise because we stop in Vacouver. Next the rain finally let up long enough for the roofers to come out and replace the ridges and seal around the vent pipes. And I have finally gotten the garage cleaned out, the blinds washed, and the windows cleaned.  But best of all we are rid of our horrible internet provider, HughesNet, and have infinitely better internet now with AT&T U-Verse. Yea!!!

Lots of good cooking but after Thursday, we will be eating up what is in the refrigerator. I baked Banana Nut Bread today--so good.

The monster quilt is almost halfway finished. I ordered some fabric for my next 2 baby quilts from Craftsy. I've never bought fabric online before but this looked like just what I wanted at a really good price even including shipping. We shall see what the quality of the fabric is.

I have 2 really good books going now. One is fiction, Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow and the other is nonfiction, Dead Wake by Eric Larson, about the final voyage of the Luisitania. Both are real page turners.

All is set for our trip to Yosemite. I will start setting things in one place that I want to take with us. I am looking forward to seeing Yosemite as I have never been there. Our daughter and SIL are joining us there for 3 days and she and JMM are planning a day hike. I plan to take a tour, see the sights, enjoy the hotel which I understand is spectacular. I have the wonderful pet sitter coming to take care of the cats. The airline, hotel, and car reservations are made.  So unless something unanticipated comes up, a week from today we will be in Yosemite.

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the cats are all spoiled and the people take afternoon naps.

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

This was a lovely read, enjoyed it immensely. What a great time you will have in Yosemite. I went there over 30 years ago and thought it spectacular. Going to Vancouver sounds exciting also.

Rambling Woods said...

It is good to check things off a list...