Monday, October 20, 2014

Around OakMeadows




I have scheduled a heating inspection. We have been in this house 10 years and I have never had the heating or air-conditioning inspected.  I had no idea who to call so since I joined Angie's List to find a house painter and was happy with that, I went back to Angie's List and selected one. The inspection is  scheduled for October 31 so that JMM will be here. He is convinced that they will try to sell us a new heat exchanger or something else very expensive. (He could very well be right; we shall see.)

The quilt top is finished! Woo Hoo! As soon as I figure out how to load photos on my new iMac, I will post a picture.  I've bought the batting and I have the fabric to make the backing but I seen to have run out of quilting steam.  So I'm taking a week off from quilting. 

We went to our monthly Property Owners Association. The only thing of interest is the plans to have high speed fiber optic cable laid throughout the subdivision.  The project is moving at a glacial speed but of course, the Board are all volunteers with jobs and families so I should not complain. But I am so anxious to have good high speed internet service! My estimate is June, 2015. We will see how close my estimate comes. 

JMM found out that the Kimball Museum in Fort Worth is having an exhibit of Impressionist paintings from the d'Orsay.  So we made reservations to see it on my birthday next month.  I'm really looking forward to it because I love the Impressionists and I've never been to the Kimball. 

We went to see Gone Girl at the theater and it was really good. TSM and I had read the book and wondered how they could portray so much that was going on in the character's mind. Well, they did it perfectly.  JMM had not read the book and he was really enthralled by it. We splurged and had hot dogs and popcorn and shared a large Diet Coke. A fun time was had by all. 

The guys came today to set up the rig and equipment for the water well. They will start drilling tomorrow. They anticipate 2 days of drilling and ½ day to finish up. They anticipate the depth to be about 250 feet.

And that's all the news from OakMeadows were the women are all retired, the men work two days a week, and the cats are all above average. 

2 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love your musings. I hear that Garrison K is really going to retire this time. I nominate Oak Meadows as the next NPR Saturday afternoon entertainment site!

Carver said...

Beautiful tree and I liked the narrative too.