Friday, September 27, 2013

Retirement Finances

Retirement Finances

It is all coming together:
     FM Social Security--received my letter from SS today approving my full SS to begin when I turn 66 in December. 
     FM 403b--done. I rolled it into an IRA, spiffied up my asset allocations, and arranged for my monthly withdrawals. 
    JMM Social Security --done. He began receiving his full Social Security when he turned 66 last January. 
   JMM 403b--this still to be done when he retires in February, 2014. He will roll it all into an IRA, make his asset allocations, and set up his monthly withdrawals. 

I still have to sign us up for Medicare Part B and the Humana Medicare Advantage plan.  But the hard part is done (deciding what Medicare Supplemental or Advantage plan) and I have all the paperwork. 

2 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

All the paperwork. I have Medicare as primary now that my husband retired and I am disabled.. (MS). I have Blue Cross also...and I think of all the folks who need insurance..Michelle

Florence said...

I'm sorry about your MS. I have a progressive neuromuscular disease also, CMT. It sure makes things difficult at times!
Health care insurance, now there's a topic to get my blood pressure up! Why can't we have universal, single payer healthcare??