Friday, August 24, 2012

Maine Fall Foliage Trip

I've been busy planning our fall foliage trip to Maine.  JMM has wanted to go to Acadia National Park for ages so we will combine the two.  We will fly into Boston and drive up the coast with the first stop being at LL Bean in Freeport, Maine. JMM wants to get some new hiking boots and I want to get a couple of pairs of warm slacks and a heavy pullover.  We will spend most of the time in Bar Harbor and make trips out from there.  The weather is of course the unknown element--it can be clear, cool, and crisp or it can rain the entire week.  Oh well, we will play the hand we are dealt.  I was able to use our Mileage Plus miles to pay for the round trip tickets which is nice. I found good hotel rates since we are going so late in the season.  The rental is to be a Toyota Rav4 and was no bargain but not too bad.  We are taking 2 bags so that JMM can take his pillow and I can take my quilting.  This is going to be such a pleasant trip. (I hope.  )

No comments: