Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Goal 2009 Update #21

We were able to pay $4000 extra principal with the December 1 house payment. That gets us down to $10,875 remaining. If everyone stays well, safe, and employed, it is looking like Goal 2009 will be completed by February 1, 2010. We'll see. I'm glad that we have done this this year but frankly I sure wouldn't want to do it again.

I've been thinking about my financial goals for 2010 and here is what I have so far:
1. Up the Emergency Fund to $8,000
2. Save $1,000 per paycheck toward a new vehicle
3. Resume my 403b contributions
4. Once the house is paid off, open a new savings account with $500 per paycheck to cover the Homeowner's Insurance, Property Taxes, and HOA fee.
5. Needless to say, stay completely out of debt.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Something to look forward to in February - the bleakest month of the year in my mid-Atlantic parts - is a wonderful thing. Congrats in advance for paying off the mortgage.

Florence said...

Thank you Carol. We are definitely looking forward to being completely debt free.