Friday, September 27, 2024

Books I Read in September

 

Books I read in September, 2024


Fever by Laurie Anderson. Historical fiction about the Yellow Fever epidemic in Philadelphia in 1793. Very well done. A good read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult. Fiction, set during the Pandemic, interesting but not brilliant. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee. Nonfiction. Very interesting.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Nutmeg’s Curse by Amitav Ghosh. History, ecology, climate change. I should have really liked this book but I didn’t.  He makes his points about 5000 times and by about one third of the way through the book, I’d had enough. Not up to his usual standard. ⭐️⭐️

The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. Post Apocalyptic fiction. Well done but I didn’t care to read the sequel.  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Audiobook: Countdown by Alan Weismann ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Currently reading
The Last Lion: Winston S. Churchill, Defender of the Realm by William Manchester. (My read aloud book.)
Never Call Retreat by Bruce Catton. (JMM’s read aloud book.)
Lovely One by Ketanji Brown Jackson
Fire Weather by John Vaillant



No comments: