Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Around OakMeadows

 

 
Angie
Our sweet Angie has been sick. JMM took her to the vet Monday. She has an infection which the vet says probably started in her gums or teeth. From there it moved into her throat and ears. She’s been on Augmentin since Monday and is noticeably better. Even though we had her teeth cleaned last April, in a couple of weeks after the infection clears up, we’ll have her teeth cleaned again. 


We had a terrific rainstorm yesterday. For the first time in our 50+ years of marriage, JMM headed us all to the closet because of tornado warnings. The storm didn’t last long but the wind and rain was terrible. We didn’t have any damage but I see from the news that there were several tornadoes in the Deer Park/Pasadena area. Today has been beautifully clear, sunny, and crisp.  

I’m taking a week off from my Tovala dinners to cook for JMM. We made the Shrimp Chowder this evening and toasted some sourdough bread. Very good. Yesterday we made a loaf of banana nut bread for JMM. 

Still cutting out pieces for the next quilt. I love French General fabrics that I’m using.  After I get it all cut out, I have to take the sewing machine in for a cleaning and adjusting the tension. It’s not a difficult pattern to cut out but I don’t have the energy to do much at the time. 





No comments: