Monday, August 29, 2022

Around OakMeadows

 

I’ve been working my way down the IMDb list of 100 greatest movies on weekends. I watched #1 The Godfather and #2 The Shawshank Redemption on the first weekend. Both were excellent. The Godfather is probably my all time favorite movie, but I had never seen The Shawshank Redemption and what a truly outstanding movie it was. Then this past weekend I watched Schindler’s List and Raging Bull. Schindler’s List is a truly great movie but I cannot understand why Raging Bull would be on anyone’s best movies list. Next weekend will be Casablanca and Gone with the Wind. 

I finished one half of the twenty blocks for my Blue & Brown. I like the pattern and think I’m going to do another one in Red, Cream, and Blue. Maybe, we’ll see. Next I have to make the other half of the blocks for this one. I wish I knew what to do with my finished quilts. 

This evening I made a tray of roasted vegetables that turned out so tasty. I cut up carrots, baby red potatoes, red onion, and red bell pepper. Then I tossed them with olive oil, sea salt, and thyme and baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring them about half way through. Definitely, will be making this again and maybe adding sugar snap peas. 

Rain. We went all summer without a drop of rain. It was hot (with highs in the upper 90s) and not a drop of rain. Now for the past week we have been getting rain almost every day. I must say the grass and crepe myrtles are doing much better. 

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like a great list of movies. I love roasting veggies, the taste is always delicious.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Sheila said...

There are several groups that take quilts to give to people who need them. Check out Jo's Country Junction website.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I hope the rains aren't flooding you -- it always seems to come in feast or famine mode these days. Roasting (using sheet pans) has become my new favorite way to cook == veggies and so much else. Good idea about following that list for good movies -- even if you don't love one or two of them, they'll all be worth thinking about. I already see a couple (from your post) that I've either missed or forgotten (the latter becoming more and more likely with every passing year))

Debbie V. said...

I have never seen The Godfather. I love the idea of your movie list. Something I might do this winter. After the holidays of course.