Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Update on Weight Loss Project

When I went for my annual physical last December, I was told that I needed to double the dose of my blood pressure medication.  I knew that my BP was so high because I had gained so much weight. So in addition to doubling my dose of Lisinopril, I determined to lose weight. 

I decided to eliminate sugar from my diet. The big sources of sugar for me were Cokes, orange juice, and desserts. The first few days were complicated as there was sugar in my salad dressing, in BBQ sauce, in bread, and many other items.  I switched to Coke Zero and dropped the orange juice and dessert. (I had to stop the Coke Zero because I had an unusual reaction to aspartame. I now drink iced tea sweetened with Sucralose.)

I weigh only once a month and my goal is to lose 3 pounds per month. I started at 202 pounds and have lost 18.8 pounds. It has been a learning experience but not really difficult. I keep a container of veggies to munch on and have two pieces of fruit every day and eat my normal food. So far, so good. 

Exercise is Sit and Be Fit 30 minutes daily. 

No comments: