Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Around OakMeadows

Quilt top ready for machine quilting. 
I am so thankful that I don’t live in the northern Midwest. The polar vortex has dropped temperatures to unbelievable low temperatures with wind chill factors down to -60 degrees.  It was colder today in Chicago than at the South Pole.  

My Clean the Garage project for today was to clean the windows in the garage. Done. Next week I will clean the garage doors. 

The kittens are so darling. I just love it when they are exhausted from playing and chasing each other and batting things around and then they curl up in my lap and go to sleep. 

I finished the backing for my quilt. I will take it in for machine quilting Saturday. JMM wants me to make a quilt for the king sized bed because the ones that I have now are getting really worn with age. I wasn’t thrilled with the idea at first but I’m thinking that a modified Rail Fence might be doable. I will need to figure the size and the fabric needed.  We shall see. 


Today was a Pajama Day. We didn’t need to go anywhere. Very pleasant day at home—usual, housework, reading, napping with kittens, and made spaghetti for dinner. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your quilt is beautiful. I am sure the kitties are adorable and fun to watch. PJ day is happening a lot around here, too cold to go outside. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty quilt! Ummm, when you're done with your garage...come on over. I have one in dire need of cleaning! That spaghetti sound so good (I like it even more...leftovers)