Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Around OakMeadows



Around OakMeadows 

DD and SIL came over for Sunday lunch. I made a roast and carrots with Schwan’s garlic mashed potatoes and they brought a pecan pie. (No calories in that meal...Ha!) I was disappointed with the roast because it wasn’t as tender as usual.  They brought their dog Lucy who is the sweetest, happiest dog I have ever known.  Just a lovely, pleasant visit. And SIL set up my WiFi printer so that I can print from my iPad.  Yea!

I finished reading The President Is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton. Great literature, it is not; a good read, it is. A real pager turner political thriller.  

I have an on-going project to buy items from the Refugee Services of Texas-Houston’s Amazon.com Wishlist. This week I purchased a comforter bed set for them.  Next week I plan to send 5 sets of shower curtain hooks. It isn’t expensive and I like to think these things will help a refugee settle into a new home.  

My Coursera class on Epidemiology is very interesting but I am having to re-do Week #2 because I flubbed the Week #2 quiz. Immunology is complicated.  (Understatement)

I watched Extinction  on Netflix. It started off with everyone screaming which I really don’t like but actually had an interesting premise.  Worth a watch. 

Since I finished my third and final quilt for this year, I decided it was time to clear out and organize my fabric stash. I sorted it all by color, then tossed all the itsy bitsy pieces, and pressed everything. Now when I get ready to piece my next quilt, it will be a lot easier. 

That’s all the news from OakMeadows where the cats nap and their humans do too. 
(98 days until the Midterms.)


2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like your pretty quilt. I will see if my library has that book. I was keeping track of the countdown for the midterms. I wish it was tomorrow. Happy August, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Birgitta said...

Beautiful work!