Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Plans for 2018


Plans for 2018

1. Learn to make Sourdough Bread. 

2. Learn to make something with Butternut Squash. (Mostly this means learning how to  get into it.)

3. Make 2 Scrap Quilts and 1 from new material. 

4. Read 52 books

5. Trips:
     A. Big Bend National Park
     B. National Butterfly Center 
     C. National Gallery
     D. Pawhuska, OK to see PW’s Merc

6. Home Improvements 
     A. New Stovetop 
     B. New living room furniture 

7. Expand Butterfly garden 

8. Work on Political campaigns for House and Senate

9. Self Improvement 
     None. I’m fine. 

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have never made bread unless I can count pumpkin bread. I have been reading lots of books, when it is too cold to be outside. I would love to visit Big Bend NP and the National Butterfly Center. Expanding your butterfly garden will be wonderful, I hope to see some photos when it is in bloom. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Well, I will tell you one thing about Butternut Squash....it makes AWESOME "pumpkin" pies!!! My MIL used it as a substitute for pumpkin pulp so I have been doing the same for years now!!...:)JP

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I would agree with #9 for sure! If the squash is too big for your knives to handle, you can stick it in the microwave for a few minutes to soften -- poke holes in it first and watch it carefully. Then you can use the pulp for mashed squash or a recipe. I like to buy the smaller ones though so I can cut them -- my favorite way now is to peel and roast the pieces.